Call for Submissions- Alive Anthology- A Message of Hope
SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN
DEADLINE: 31st May, 2019. 11:59pm (WAT)
FOR SHORT STORIES AND POETRY.
The theme is centred on mental health; specifically suicide prevention activities. Our goal is to spark a message of hope. We want to use literature as a therapeutic media to let people know that they are not alone and that it’s ok to talk and seek help.
This anthology is a project of Strengthening Society Today (Double ST) Foundation as part of her activities to promote suicide prevention campaigns in Nigeria. We want content that is “inspirational” in the sense that the stories provoke a positive reaction, and don’t shy away from challenging status quo. Contributors are free to share stories from their lives and of those that were impactful to them. It will be an opportunity for the contributors to lend their voices to a good cause- to aid in saving lives.
We would love to read your work as long as you follow these guidelines:
1. Send your short stories or poetry to email address firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please include a short bio, written in third-person.
3. For short stories, send in one or two stories not more than 1500 words. For Poetry, send up to 3 unpublished poems. All submissions should be sent as a Word document attachment. (Please no translations.)
4. We acquire first-time publication rights and archival rights. Rights revert to author upon publication.
This will be our first issue and would be published on the 13th of July 2019. The anthology is billed to be published yearly. We intend to have it both in print and online. Currently we cannot offer payment for accepted short stories and poems, just our heartfelt appreciation. 2 Copies of publications will be sent to all our contributors.
5. Our vision is to distribute at least two copies of the collection to every school in Northern Nigeria, starting with Plateau State.
6. All profits from the collection would help the foundation continue its advocacy towards suicide prevention and also in the fight for ‘guidance & counselling’ inclusion in the Nigerian educational system, especially in the North.
Any additional questions can be directed to email@example.com