So I’ve been requesting and receiving questions lately. This is yet another one. Please feel free to contribute…
Who is a true friend?
Before we can fully comprehend the meaning of true friendship; we must first discern who a friend is and if their is a clause in that definition that permits for fake- Something that is not true.
This in itself will imply that we have understood the meaning of truth; to be able to identify fake.
In defining these two terms- Friend and True; we’ll be able to accurately answer the question of who a true friend is.
“This is a person who you know well and who you like a lot, but who is usually not a member of your family”- Dictionary.cambridge.org
This definition like any other talks about a one way relationship that should go both ways. Yes this definition applies to your friends to, but the questions is, do they consider you friends?- for then, and only then, will this definition be accurate.
A lot of people that we are friends with aren’t friends with us.
A friend is not just someone in whose life you are involved in, a friend is someone that is involved in you life- Double ST
Something that is in accordance with fact or reality. Accurate and genuine.
- True Friendship therefore entails mutual understanding, agreement, respect, growth, etcetera.The key word there is mutual. We often think “people knowing us” is synonymous with “true friendship”, but no. Answering phone calls or replying text messages doesn’t make you a friend- it just means you respond to INITIATED CONVERSATIONS from someone that considers you a friend. Friends are initiators as well as people that respond to messages (In whatsoever form). Friendship has to be MUTUAL. It is however not a competition on who does more.
- A true friend triggers the buttons that make you want to be a better person. A friend adds value to your life and vise versa. What this means is that, if there are people whom you call friends in your life and have successfully kept you stagnant or regressing, then they are not true friends and must be acknowledged as such. It is OK to know them, but not everyone needs to be your friend.
- A true friend knows the advanced setting of your life and would never judge you but will always be ready to correct and support you in love.
- True friendship is not jealous nor will it cause you to sin and vise versa.
- A true friendship is a group of people of similar attractions and connections. A people that can coexist without altering their vision, mission and core values. A people that share ideas and want to see each other grow, and would allow each other grow.
- A true friend is not someone you form a bond with so they can help you, but what kind of friendship would it be if they (or you) have the opportunity to help and withhold it.
- True friendship is real, honest and loyal.
The list goes on and on and www.google.com might be able to provide you with much more information on the idea of true friendship. What I have done is set a platform for you to ask yourself if you are a true friend. It’s not enough to want genuine friends- Are you one? Do you listen? Do you make out time for friends? Once again, Are you a true friend?